- Automated sample storage in nitrogen gas phase
- Automated sample handling at temperatures below -130 ° C (adjustable)
- Automated single sample handling (pick-and-place robot)
- Automated SBS rack handling
- Integrated gripper changing system
- Integrated scanners for individual samples and SBS racks at ambient temperatures of -130 ° C
- Suitable to establish small (a few thousand samples) to very large (million samples) biobanks / sample stores
- Modular expandable / scalable
- GMP and ISO 20387 compliant
- Sample format independent
The ASKION C-line® hermetic storage (HS200) is an efficient and automated storage system for biobanks, biorepositories and LN2 based storage collections. The automated biobanking solution is available in 3 sizes (HS200 S/M/L). To ensure safe sample storage and best sample quality the samples are stored at cryogenic temperatures at down to -185°C. Thanks to the directly connected hood, samples can be handled in a fully automated cryogenic temperatures at down to below -130°C. The sample is handled by a robot either in the form of individual samples and / or in SBS rack format inside the cryogenic environment. This structure enables an ice-free and contamination-free automated sample handling while maintaining a continuous cold chain. This unique setting, consisting of ultralow-temperature storage, automated cryogenic sample handling and a continuous cold chain, ensures maximum sample quality for decades.
The HS200 is the cryogenic state-of-the-art storage solution for establishing small (a few thousand samples) to very large (million samples) and semi-automated to fully automated biobanks, biorepositories and LN2 based storage collections.
Thereby individual HS200 can be installed and can be connected to each other at any time for automated sample transfer while maintaining a continuous cooling chain. Due to the modular structure the biobank, biorepositories or LN2 based storage collections can grow individually over time, without influencing existing work processes or samples that have already been stored.
The documentation of all relevant system parameters as well as the complete sample data management is done by our software solution ASKION C-line® Control.